1. The planet Earth weighs around 5,974,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms (about 6 septillion kg), that is generally a similar measure of weight as 54,807,339,449,541,284,403 (approx 55 quintillion) Blue Whales – the heaviest animal on the Earth itself!
  2. As opposed to mainstream thinking it doesn’t take the Earth 24 hours to finish a solitary turn, it really takes it 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds to finish a pivot and cosmologists call this a sidereal day.
  3. A year on Earth isn’t 365 days as generally suspected, yet rather 365.2564 days. The additional 0.2564 days is the place the additional day that is included onto February each jump year, or like clockwork, originates from.
  4. Ever asked why individuals consider the Earth the Blue Planet? That is on the grounds that 70% of the Earth’s surface is secured with water!
  5. Before I reveal to you what the remainder of the Earth’s layers comprises of, here’s an intriguing side-certainty about the Earth’s Crust: it comprises of various plates gliding ceaselessly on the Earth mantle, moving at a similar rate that an individual’s fingernails develop!
  6. On an essential dimension, the Mantle comprises of 44.8% Oxygen, 21.5% Silicon and 22.8 Magnesium, in spite of the fact that it additionally contains follow measures of Iron, Aluminum, Calcium, Sodium, and Potassium. In any case, these components are altogether bound together in the stones that make up the Earth’s Mantle.
  7. The Mantle is the biggest layers of the Earth, roughly 2,970 km thick – this makes up about 84% of the Earth’s complete volume.
  8. The Earth’s centre comprises of two layers, an external layer, and an internal layer. In spite of the fact that the particular rates are obscure, both the external and internal layers of the Earth’s Core comprise of mostly Iron and Nickel.
  9. Of the 70% of water covering the Earth just 3% of it is crisp, the other 97% of it is salted.
  10. Of this 3% over 2% lives in ice sheets and icy masses, which means under 1% is in lakes and waterways.
  11. Because of the measure of water covering the Earth, it would be one of the most splendid planets to view from separation because of the manner by which the water would mirror the Sun’s beams.
  12. The Earth comprises of 3 distinctive the layers: the Crust, The Mantle and The Core. Also, every one of these three distinct layers is comprised of various components.
  13. The Crust comprises of 32% Iron, 30% Oxygen, 15% Silicon, 14% Magnesium, 3% Sulfur, 2% Nickel – which aggregates 96%. The other 4% is comprised of following measures of Calcium, Aluminum and different random components.
  14. The external layer of the Earth’s centre is accepted to be fluid, while the inward layer of the Core is accepted to be strong as hot as the Sun!
  15. Because of the novel Nickel-Iron properties of the Earth’s Core, when combined with the Earth’s turn, The Earth is encompassed by an incredibly attractive field that shields it from the impacts of Solar Wind.
  16. In the past, there have been numerous confusions about the Earth, for example, when individuals thought it was the focal point of the Solar System and that every single other planet circled it! Or on the other hand when they thought it was level and that an individual could cruise off the edge by cruising into the great beyond!
  17. The Earth’s pivot is progressively backing off. Anyway, it is backing off so all around insignificantly (roughly 17 milliseconds for every hundred years) that it will be around 140 million years before the Earth encounters 25 hour days.
  18. Of the considerable number of planets in our close planetary system, the Earth is the thickest with a thickness of generally 5.52 grams per cubic centimetre. The second densest planet in our close planetary system is Mercury with a thickness of 5.427 grams per cubic centimetre.
  19. The Earth is the main planet in our close planetary system not named after either a Greek or Roman God.
  20. The Earth is related with the Goddess Terra Mater (Gaea in Greek Mythology) who was the main Goddess on Earth and the mother of Uranus.