Marriage is defined as “the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman as partners in a relationship.”
well this definition certainly doesn’t tell how difficult it is to get married in india; Here is why?
- first you need to make sure you are marrying in your own caste , Else it could be a sensational news, your society will refuse you ,one good thing about this society is that; they will always speak loud on these kinds of affairs rather than rape or corruption etc…
- And then you must make sure that the both of you don’t fall in ” SAME GOTRA” , Make sure you are marrying in your own state, SAME GOTRA MARRIAGE are not permitted in hinduism, As hindu religion is more scientific , this point could be more important than above.
- Now you have made sure ; you are following above two conditions , note that you should marry in your own state, A girl or boy from different state will not be accepted so easily , as we have different language in each states, There will be a language problem ; who cares how well you can communicate with your better half as long as your parents cannot , after all they have to live together you are just a medium for them.
- Now everything looks good ; Right ? Oh wait, We have more issue here, “KUNDALI” your kundali must match else this marriage is not possible, Just imagine , you tried hard convincing your parents about this girl but this kundali has spoiled it all.
- Ok so are you ready now? Good, Now lets start budgeting , One Mangal sutra will cost you around Rs 3 lakh , Then you must give some return gift to your guests , Then reception cost and don’t forget to manage your house, buy some new furniture , so your total cost is about 20 lakh rupees , this cost is for a small medium kind of marriage not big bash.
- Tight Pocket ? Forget about marriage focus on your job :p , How about taking some loans ? Well you can get a personal load (oh sorry loan) at 17% , and pay the EMI for another 10 years, Wish you a happy married life.
- So you want a very simple marriage? Planning to marry in temple or court ? good idea, but do you think the girl will agree? Well i don’t think so , she has big dreams about her marriage , she has spent nights just dreaming those beautiful ornaments , people greeting her; she is the center of attraction. You can’t afford to take all this from her else your married life will be a big failure.
- Dowry ? Sorry dowry is a crime.
Warning : There are many other problems which you may face while marrying , it advised do not try this own your own.
Conclusion : Human are social living being , they want to please their society in every way , when money is involved how can you except this union is going to be a success? Why not make it simple for others, Many people end up selling their land , taking lots of loan for marriage , do you think society help them pay the loan , i don’t think so ? when your society can’t help why you need to please them? Why not focus on your life , with those money you can buy a car , book an apartment . SORRY! it’s a tradition and we must follow.