The true essence of yoga revolves around improving the life style of human beings.It aims to achieve this through a lots of physical and mental exercise.At the physical level ,it comprise of various postures and asanas.It includes meditation,breathing exercise ,pranayama and dhyan to calm the mind and set it free from tension of daily life.
The aim of yoga is to achieve the disciplined mind which gets freedom from all desires and become absorbed in self spirit.
Through yoga the individual gets the enlightenment and self control over their body.It helps to maintain the body physically and mentally.It promotes a balanced development of physical,mental and spiritual body.
Other forms of physical exercise,like aerobics,assure only physical development of body.They have little to do with the development of the spiritual or mental body.
Effects of yoga on human body:
- Attainment of perfect equilibrium and harmony.
- Promotes self- healing.
- Removes negative blocks from the mind and toxins from the body.
- Enhances personal power.
- Increases self-awareness.
- Helps in attention, focus and concentration, especially important for children.
- Reduces stress and tension in the physical body by activating the nervous system.
Benefits of yoga:
- The art of practicing yoga helps in controlling an individual’s mind, body and soul.
- It brings together physical and mental disciplines to achieve a peaceful body and mind.
- It helps manage stress and anxiety and keeps you relaxing. It also helps in increasing flexibility, muscle strength and body tone.
- It improves respiration and energy.
- Practicing yoga might seem like just stretching, but it can do much more for your body from the way you feel, look and move.
- Yoga asanas build strength, flexibility and confidence.
- Regular practice of yoga can help lose weight, relieve stress, improve immunity and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. This tradition is 5000 years old. It embodies unity of mind and body,thought and action, harmony between man and nature, a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help human being .